What's the vision for young people in the Diocese?
The Church of England, Birmingham values the place and voice of young people in its Churches and communities and seeks to encourage them to reach their full potential in Christ by being transformed people who know their worth in the eyes of God and seek to let others know the same.
What do we do?
- Offer training and resourcing to Parishes, employed Youth Workers and Voluntary Youthworkers
- Support Churches with reviews and vision setting, along with youthworker appointments
- Provide on-going support and mentoring to Youthworkers
- Support youth events across the Diocese (transforming worship and outreach)
- Run training for young people such as Growing Leaders or Mission Academy
- Oversee the Bishop’s Youth Council (developing discipleship and leadership)
- Connect with other local and national youth organisations (developing transformative partnerships)
- Support pilgrimages/summer trips with advise on health and safety and child protection
- Initiate other areas of work such as Developing Urban Disciples, Malawi Youth Encounter, Comedy and Holistic Health
Director of Growing Younger (Youth and Facilitation)
T: 0121 426 0433
We're inviting young leaders to join us for a day to explore ministry with interfaith relationships.
An introduction to anxiety disorders in young people and key methods of support