Living by faith, seeking truth, and accepting challenge
A conference for all who are interested in making more of life in the Church for all older people
The day will include:
- David Jolley, Honorary Reader The University of Manchester; retired Consultant and Professor of Old Age Psychiatry, reflecting on Intergenerational Fairness & Provision
- Helen McCormack, currently Ministry with Older People Development Worker, Northallerton asking Special Need or Special Contribution?
- Rita and Paul Conley, The Salvation Army reporting on Older Prisoners, New Ways of Working
- Albert Jewell, former pastoral director and senior chaplain of Methodist Homes for the Aged (MHA) discussing People with dementia: a Christian response
- Contributions from participants on local Church activity
- Inter-active musical Interlude with a Sheffield U3A Ukulele Group
Christians on Ageing is a resource to the Churches and a voice for older people. This conference will help us to plan new ways of giving support, spreading ideas and promoting good practice.