Taking in the energy park, St Cyprian’s church and the Cole Valley, our walk is a unique opportunity to visit a little known corner of Birmingham and see how it is developing renewable power, building community and preserving the natural environment.
Footsteps (Faiths for a Low Carbon Future) brings together faith groups in Birmingham to respond to the challenge of moving to a low carbon future.
Programme for the afternoon:
- Meet at St Cyprian’s Church (1:30 onwards)
- 2:00 Welcome and introduction Cllr Zafar Iqbal MBE
- 2:10 Site’s heritage – Sandy Robertson
- 2:30 Walk along the Cole Valley and around the energy park
- 3:30 Tea and cakes (bring your own cakes to share)
Have your say – Give your views on community uses for St Cyprian’s church
Join the walk for a taster of how the park is developing renewable power, building community and preserving the natural environment. A seminar in the autumn will look at renewable power developments in more depth.
- Tyseley Energy Park, Birmingham