A three-day course for worship leaders, both lay and ordained, which provides practical guidance on managing, maintaining and developing parish music. No specific musical expertise is required.
This hands-on course will...
- Give you practical advice on choosing suitable music and materials for worship
- Help you establish good working practices to continue to plan and manage parish music
- Provide you with significant biblical and historical insight to further support your learning
- Give you opportunities for one to one conversation with the course leader
- Include learning and worship and in a wide variety of different styles
“...[I] have come away feeling more equipped in my future ministry regardless of what tradition it is in.” Final Year Curate
“Great opportunity to share. Great learning experience - having a small group meant that I learnt so much more.” Reader
Dates for 2019
Salisbury (Sarum College) – 12-14 February
North Yorkshire (Wydale Hall) – 21-23 May
Cheshire (Foxhill) – 1-3 October
Strengthen for Service is led by The Rev’d Helen Bent, RSCM, Head of Ministerial Training.
These courses are deliberately designed for smaller numbers to facilitate focussed discussion and address specific parish needs. Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Member residential: £295 (full board)
Non-member residential: £325 (full board)
Non-residential: £215 (inc. lunch and dinner)
- Foxhill, Cheshire
- Contact E-mail