“Developing a spiritually enriching youth ministry in every parish and school; encouraging clustering where appropriate” (part of Transforming Church Goal 4)
A staggering 75% of Christians say they made a commitment to faith before the age of 18. Young people are a vital part of the Church of England Birmingham and we value their place and voice of young people in our Churches and communities, longing for them to reach their full potential in Christ by being transformed people who know their worth in the eyes of God, seeking to share their faith with others.
We believe that reaching and supporting young people is the responsibility of the whole church and as such everyone is a youth worker!
- ‘Praying youth workers’: committed to praying for young people and those who work with them
- ‘Cheering youth workers’: supporting and speaking positively of young people and those who work with them
- ‘Doing youth workers’: volunteering, helping and supporting youth ministry in our parishes.
We long to see more cheering, praying youth workers across the Diocese and offer a variety of support to help this grow:
- Support Churches on the ground with developing vision for youth ministry, practical ‘nuts and bolts’ and responding to queries: no question is a silly one! For more details click here
- Offer training and resourcing in a wide variety of areas. For more details click here
- Provide on-going support and mentoring to employed Youth workers
- Hold occasional events across the Diocese (transforming worship and outreach)
- Facilitate the Bishop’s Youth Synod which gives young people a voice into the workings of CofEB. For more details click here
- Offer a range of resources from the youth library based at 1 Colmore Row
- Co-ordinate regular and intentional prayer for parish based youth ministry
- Connect with other local and national youth organisations
- Support pilgrimages, summer residentials and other trips
- Support parishes developing youth ministry from scratch as part of the Growing Younger Youth project For more details click here
To find out more contact Liz Dumain.
To sign up as a cheering, praying or doing youth worker contact Emma Sargeant.
Details of how you can pray for young people.
“Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.” Colossians 4:2
Have a look at forthcoming events and training opportunities.