The "Cathedral and Church Shops Association" (CCSA) is a Voluntary organisation which works with Cathedral and Churches across the UK and Ireland to help and support their Retail Shop Managers in their role in raising funds for their Cathedrals and Churches.
With the current emphasis on Mission and Outreach, our Cathedral and Church Shops and their staff, paid of voluntary, play a vital part not just in much needed fund raising but also in the Ministry of Welcome
As you know the Shop staff are often in the front line of welcoming the Visitor and Pilgrim, being available and occupying a familiar environment, the Shop!. The CCSA works to help train all those engaged in the Retail fundraising work of our Churches and Cathedrals to rise to this challenge.
The CCSA has been in existence since 1972, it is a non profit making organisation which holds Regional training meetings around the country during the year and hosts an Annual Conference and Trade Fair in different Cathedral or Church locations around the country each year in September.
CCSA Member Shop Managers from many Cathedrals and Churches around the country attend these events, especially the Annual Conference and Trade Fair which is held over two days, giving them the opportunity to meet up with other Managers to look and select from the large selection of religious and relevant gift stocks available to order at the Trade Fair, often at discounted prices to sell in their Church or Cathedral shop.
We offer our CCSA Members the following benefits:
Annual Conference & Trade Fair
- An Annual Conference and Trade Fair with over 40+ Suppliers under one roof
- Select Supplier ongoing discounts min 5% available for Stock orders.
- Networking opportunities with other Shop managers and Suppliers.
- Opportunity to arrange Bespoke products tailored for their Cathedral or Church from expert Suppliers.
- Training sessions on selected relevant topics.
- Relevant Guest speakers at Training events.
- Grants are available for Members to attend these events
- Held at selected locations around the Country to enable members to attend
- Small groups meet to visit, critique and discuss other Heritage Venue Shops
- Training sessions on products
- Guest speakers on selected relevant topics
Other Member benefits include:
- A regular Newsletter to highlight sales opportunities, Members and Supplier features
- An Approved Supplier Discount Scheme which offers members extra discount on purchases
- A Retail Manual commissioned by the CCSA from an independent Retail Consultant which offers full details on all aspects of Retail in sacred spaces, including Retail operations, product selection, Display, Merchandising and Retail & Finance administration including how to maximise sales and profit (manual can only be issued on payment of annual member fee)
If your Church site has any retail space, from a small table selling items to support your Church to a larger retail shop we would be delighted to hear from you and welcome you as members to the Association.
This year our Annual Conference and Trade Fair is being hosted by Durham Cathedral on the 25th & 26th September, with over 40 Religious/Gift Suppliers attending the Trade Fair.
This is a great opportunity for your Retail Manager/Churchwarden to meet other Shop Managers from around the country and to experience the Trade Fair and take the opportunity to place stock orders at favourable prices. We have plenty of delegate spaces available and grants are also available to help with the cost of attending.
If you are interested in coming to Durham or wish to know more about the CCSA and what it can do to help your Church or Cathedral, please contact Hugh Fearnall, Chairman of the CCSA, T: 01434 634347 M: 07779 346150 E: email@example.com