The Governors of The Queen’s Foundation for Ecumenical Theological Education, Birmingham are seeking to appoint a new Principal following the retirement of The Revd Canon Dr David Hewlett in the summer of 2020.
We are seeking a creative and visionary Principal
- who has a heart for God’s mission in God’s world, and for people’s development in discipleship and ministry;
- whose focus is ecumenical;
- who is committed to diversity and inclusion;
- who is serious about research-led teaching; and
- who has a vision for learning from and with the worldwide Church.
Queen’s is one of the largest theological colleges in the country and very diverse in its work: preparing women and men for ordained ministries in three sponsoring churches – the Church of England, The Methodist Church and the Wesleyan Holiness Church; training Readers; providing programmes of continuing learning and formation for curates and probationers; offering theological study to a wide range of students, including members of Black Majority and Pentecostal churches, at a range of levels, including PhD.
Applications are sought from women and men, lay or ordained, who are in good standing with a church that is a member of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland.
Deadline for applications: 09.00 a.m. Monday 2nd March 2020
The selection process will be held in Birmingham on Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th March 2020
- 2 March 2020