To provide general administrative support to the Area Dean and be an enabler of support to the churches of the deanery. This is a new role and it is envisaged it will evolve as the role of the new Area Dean evolves, so we are looking for someone who is looking forward to an adventure as we develop new ways of working for our churches.
- General administration
- Producing documents and presentations
- Being the first point of contact for queries
- Diary management
- Arranging meetings
- Governance administration (including circulating agendas, papers, and taking minutes if required)
- Maintaining databases and systems
- Supporting communication processes within the Deanery. This could include printed material, electronic communications, social media and websites depending on the needs of the Deanery.
- Setting up and maintaining systems to coordinate bookings across the Deanery (for example for funerals, hall bookings etc)
- Setting up and maintaining processes to audit and coordinate parish resources across the new Deanery. “Resources” is a broad definition and will include human resources (numbers, skills and gifts/talents), equipment, buildings, facilities, physical equipment, activities etc.
As this is a new and evolving role, the successful candidate will need to be flexible, adaptable and proactive in seeking new ways of working. They will also need:
- Excellent accuracy/attention to detail
- Experience in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent planning & organising skills
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to handle queries from a wide range of people
- A collaborative style
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information
- To be willing to work within the Christian ethos and values
- Knowledge of church structures and governance systems would be advantageous
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salary: £11,500 (equivalent to £23,000 full-time)
Hours of work: This is a part-time role of 17.5 hours per week. This is a fixed term role, subject to funding. Funding has initially been secured for five years.
Pension: 12% contribution to Church Workers Pension Scheme
Holidays: 5 weeks per year plus pro-rated Bank holidays plus 3 Discretionary Diocesan days.
Employer: Birmingham Diocesan Board of Finance
Deadline for Applications: Sunday 1st March
Interviews: Friday 20th March to take place at our 1 Colmore Row Offices
To apply please click here
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, particularly from those who are currently under-represented including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups and women.
- £11,500 (equivalent to £23,000 full-time)
- 1 March 2020
- Interviews on
- 20 March 2020